The Indian Pentecostal Church of God Hebron in Houston, TX is seeking a passionate full-time Senior Pastor who will humbly lead, teach and care for our congregation, beginning July 2017. The Pastor should be able to preach and teach relevantly to a wide generation of diverse crowd comprised of English, Malayalam and Hindi speaking individuals primarily of South Indian descent (i.e. Kerala, India), and should abide by the Pentecostal doctrinal statement, constitution and policies of the church.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Senior Pastor must provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the whole spectrum of the church congregation which includes children, youth, young adults, and adults.
In addition to his responsibilities with Sunday ministry events, the role will be active throughout the week, including, church meetings and events, counseling, and other pastoral duties. The Pastor will be required to work with the Associate Pastor and the church leadership on new programs, events, and initiatives which will encourage and lead the church congregation to greater spiritual growth.
- An ordained minister of the IPC or similar Pentecostal churches recognized by the IPC
- At least 40 years of age and married
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology from an accredited Bible College
- Minimum 7 years of Pastoral experience in USA preferred
- Preferably someone who is familiar with the South Indian (Keralite) culture and has genuine interest/experience ministering to this group of believers
- Fluent in English and Malayalam and ability to deliver sermons in both languages
- US Citizen/Permanent Resident preferred
We offer a competitive salary with benefits. All submissions will be confidential.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply please email an updated resume and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (OR mail to: Pastoral Search Committee, IPC Hebron Houston, P.O Box 24617 Houston, TX 77229-4617). For further inquiries or general questions please contact Pastor Shaji Daniel (713-586-9580) or Secretary Saji Varghese (281-797-3411).